Здесь собраны интересные, но, на мой взгляд, бесполезные факты, связанные с английским языком и англоязычной культурой:
1) The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
2) No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
3) "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
4) There are only 4 words in the English language which end in dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
5) In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
6) Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
7) The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language.
8) The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
9) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
10) The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
И последний факт:
11) "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.